- Netanyahu seeks presidential pardon, cites ‘public interest’ amid corruption trial
- FULL LIST: Tinubu nominates Fani-Kayode, Mohammed Yakubu, others as ambassadors
- Home office delays use of military bases for asylum housing
- Jonathan: Guinea-Bissau takeover was “ceremonial coup”, demands election results
- Court of Appeal dismisses Kanu’s rights-violation suit
- Malami breaks silence on EFCC invite, vows cooperation with probe
- Guinea-Bissau coup upends election as observers denounce military takeover
- FG confirms ex-president safety, says Jonathan evacuated from Guinea-Bissau amid coup
- Terrorists abduct pregnant women, farmers in Niger village raid
- Security breach near white house as Afghan immigrant shoots two guards
World News
Amnesty International
France will introduce a voluntary military service programme lasting ten months, aimed chiefly at young people aged 18 and 19, as European nations grow increasingly concerned about the threat posed by Russia. President Emmanuel Macron announced the initiative during a speech to troops in Varces-Allières-et-Risset in the French Alps, confirming that the scheme will begin by mid-2026. He said the measure would help France respond to “accelerating threats” on the…
Jakarta surpasses Tokyo as world’s largest city
Guinea-Bissau descended into political turmoil on Wednesday as soldiers appeared on state television to announce that the military had seized power, accusing President Umaro Sissoco Embaló of attempting to manipulate the results of the country’s presidential election. The takeover came amid reports of gunfire, roadblocks and heightened tension across the capital, Bissau. In a broadcast delivered by military spokesperson Diniz N’Tchama, the coup leaders accused the president of orchestrating a…
Two United States National Guard soldiers were shot on Wednesday, just a few blocks from the White House, triggering a primary security response and reigniting political tensions over President Donald Trump’s controversial anti-crime deployment of military personnel to American cities. The shooting, which unfolded near the busy Farragut West metro station, sent shockwaves through central Washington, D.C., as emergency services raced to the scene and heavily armed officers cordoned off…
Hundreds of Israeli soldiers backed by armoured vehicles have carried out raids in the Palestinian town of Tubas near Nablus, marking the largest military deployment in the occupied West Bank since the ceasefire in Gaza last month. The operation, described by Israel as a “broad counter-terrorism” campaign, is expected to last several days. Palestinian media reported that a curfew was imposed on Tubas and neighbouring communities on Tuesday night. Roads…
Four people have died and several others remain trapped after a massive fire tore through a residential complex in Hong Kong’s northern Tai Po district on Wednesday afternoon. Thick plumes of grey smoke billowed from the high-rise towers as emergency services battled the flames in a desperate rescue operation. Police confirmed the fatalities and said that two people were in critical condition with severe burns. The city’s public broadcaster, RTHK,…
The United States Defence Secretary, Pete Hegseth, has intensified attacks on Arizona senator Mark Kelly by directing the secretary of the navy to investigate comments made by Kelly and fellow Democrats in a recent social media video. The order, issued on Tuesday in the form of a memorandum to Navy secretary John Phelan, requires a review of remarks that reminded serving soldiers and intelligence officers of their right to refuse…
Spain’s chief prosecutor, Álvaro García Ortiz, has resigned following a supreme court ruling that found him guilty of leaking confidential information in a case involving a businessman linked to a prominent rightwing politician. The decision marks an unprecedented moment in Spanish judicial history and delivers a significant blow to Prime Minister Pedro Sánchez’s coalition government. García Ortiz, appointed in 2022 by Sánchez, has consistently denied wrongdoing. In a letter addressed…
Pauline Hanson has reignited controversy in the Australian Senate after appearing in the chamber wearing a burqa, repeating a stunt widely condemned when she first attempted it in 2017. The One Nation leader was ejected from the chamber on Monday after refusing to remove the garment, prompting a suspension of proceedings for more than an hour. Hanson claimed her actions were intended to highlight what she described as national security…
Chinese President Xi Jinping has reiterated Beijing’s uncompromising stance on Taiwan during a phone call with United States President Donald Trump, underscoring the island’s centrality to China’s foreign policy amid mounting regional tensions. According to China’s foreign ministry, Xi told Trump on Monday that Taiwan’s “return” to China was an integral part of the post-war international order, forged in the joint struggle of China and the United States against fascism…
Subscribe to Updates
Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.





















