Jessie J has postponed her forthcoming concert tour after announcing that she must undergo a second operation as part of her breast cancer treatment.
The 37-year-old singer, born Jessica Cornish, disclosed her diagnosis earlier this year and has been receiving treatment since June. On Thursday she told fans in a video message posted on Instagram that the additional procedure had become unavoidable and would clash with her scheduled tour dates.
“Unfortunately, I have to have a second surgery, nothing too serious, but it has to be done before the end of the year, and unfortunately that falls right in the middle of a tour that I had booked,” she said.
Jessie J had been due to perform across the United Kingdom and Europe in October, followed by a series of shows in the United States in November. The UK and European dates have been rescheduled for April 2026, but the American leg of the tour has been cancelled outright.
Apologising to fans, she continued: “So that is what it is, and I’m sorry. I feel frustrated and sad … I need to be better, I need to be healed, and I know this is the right decision to make.”
When she announced her diagnosis in June, the singer said she had chosen to speak openly about it in order to help process the reality of the illness and to show solidarity with others facing similar circumstances. Her candour has drawn widespread messages of support from fans and fellow musicians.
Jessie J’s health has been a recurring theme throughout her life. At the age of eight she was diagnosed with a heart condition, and at 18 she suffered a minor stroke. In 2020 she temporarily lost her hearing, an episode she later described as one of the most frightening experiences of her career.
Her private life has also been marked by both heartbreak and joy. In November 2021 she experienced a miscarriage, which she later spoke about publicly. In 2023 she welcomed her first child, a son named Sky Safir Cornish Colman, an event she described as transformative.
Despite such challenges, Jessie J has carved out a successful career as one of Britain’s most recognisable pop performers. She has achieved three UK number one singles with Domino, Price Tag and Bang Bang, the latter a collaboration with Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj. In 2011 she won four Mobo awards, including best UK act and best album for her debut record Who You Are. A year later she received the Brit award for rising star. In 2015, Bang Bang earned her a Grammy nomination.
The singer has yet to reveal details of her forthcoming surgery but emphasised her commitment to recovery before returning to live performance. “I need to be better,” she told her followers, “I need to be healed.”
Her postponed tour is now expected to resume in April 2026, when she plans to return to the stage with performances across the UK and Europe.