- Kwankwaso: NNPP open to dialogue ahead of 2027, but not in a hurry
- Jonathan calls for reforms in INEC leadership selection
- Amaechi reaffirms 2027 presidential bid, vows not to withdraw
- Dele Momodu: PDP’s southern zoning in 2027 will aid Tinubu’s return bid
- “We aren’t pacifying Wike by zoning presidency to south” – PDP
- Tinubu imposes temporary ban on raw shea nut exports to boost local industry
- “It’s insensitive” – Falana condemns proposed salary hikes for politicians
- Nigeria, Brazil forge stronger economic ties with landmark agreements
- PDP zones presidential slot to South, confirms Damagum as national chairman
- PDP begins zoning process for 2027 presidential ticket
UK NEWS
UK Home Secretary Yvette Cooper said offenders had been exploiting the system by staying in the UK for months or even years while appeals dragged on.
Tottenham Hotspur have opened discussions with Manchester City over a potential move for Brazil winger Savinho, as Thomas Frank seeks to bolster his attacking options ahead of the new Premier League campaign. The 21-year-old, who has scored one goal in 13 appearances for the Brazil national team, is seen as a player with significant upside. Talks between the two clubs have taken place in recent days, although negotiations are still…
Bournemouth are on the verge of completing the signing of French centre-back Bafodé Diakité from Lille in a deal worth up to £34.6m, as Andoni Iraola’s side continues a major defensive rebuild ahead of the new Premier League season. The 24-year-old, who has represented France at youth level, will cost an initial £30.3m with a further £4.3m payable in performance-related add-ons. Once finalised, the move will make him the Cherries’…
Nigerian striker Tolu Arokodare found the back of the net for the first time this season, but his goal was not enough to prevent KRC Genk from falling 2-1 to Standard Liège in the Belgian Pro League on Sunday. The 24-year-old, who topped the scoring charts in Belgium last season, began the match on the bench at the Stade Maurice Dufrasne. Head coach Thorsten Fink opted for Jarne Steuckers in…
The National Automotive Design and Development Council (NADDC) has also launched Nigeria’s first National Occupational Standard for EV Maintenance, a blueprint for training technicians at colleges and universities nationwide.
Former Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, has declared that he would defeat President Bola Tinubu in the 2027 presidential election if given the African Democratic Congress (ADC) ticket. Speaking during an X Spaces conversation on Saturday, the former Rivers State governor said he knows Tinubu’s strengths and weaknesses and would leverage them to secure victory. READ ALSO: Amaechi: Obi won Rivers, I’ll end corruption in one month “I have never contested…
Israel has announced plans to give civilians in Gaza city until October 7 to evacuate before launching a full-scale military occupation of the area, as part of an effort to dismantle Hamas and secure the release of Israeli hostages. The plan, approved by the Israeli security cabinet on Thursday night, instructs the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) to prepare for a southern evacuation of the city’s residents approximately one million people…
Aggressive head and neck cancer patients will soon be offered vaccines by the NHS as part of a major expansion of a world-first clinical trial programme. Over the next year, more than 100 patients with cancers of the mouth, throat, and related areas will be enrolled in the trial, which aims to both cure the disease and prevent its return. This follows earlier trials involving around 550 patients with bowel…
The Home Office has dropped plans to house asylum seekers in a block of town centre flats in Waterlooville, Hampshire, after significant local opposition led by former Home Secretary Suella Braverman. The proposed site, a former high-street clothing store converted into flats, was set to accommodate 35 asylum seekers. However, officials have now confirmed to Mrs Braverman that the Home Office contractor Clearsprings will no longer proceed with the procurement…
Chelsea have agreed to allow striker Nicolas Jackson to leave the club this summer, with the 24-year-old left out of the squad for Friday’s pre-season clash against Bayer Leverkusen. The Senegalese international trained alone at Cobham on Friday as speculation over his future intensified, following interest from Newcastle United. Jackson joined Chelsea from Villarreal in the summer of 2023 for a reported £32 million fee. Despite a mixed first season,…
The Premier League has ended its long-standing partnership with LGBTQ+ charity Stonewall, confirming it will no longer participate in the Rainbow Laces campaign, a decision that marks a major shift in the league’s approach to promoting inclusion and diversity. First reported by The Daily Telegraph and later confirmed by the Premier League, the top flight of English football now plans to launch its own inclusion initiative to coincide with LGBTQ+…
Chelsea have now generated over £250 million from academy player sales in just three years, a remarkable figure that reflects both the club’s youth development success and the financial pressures of the Premier League’s Profit and Sustainability Rules (PSR). The latest addition to that total came with the sale of striker Armando Broja to Burnley, a deal reportedly worth up to £20 million with add-ons. His move follows several other…
Subscribe to Updates
Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.